Friday, February 17, 2012

Baking and Creating

Okay, so I've been doing some baking and cooking today. Love the smell of fresh baked bread and rolls! While I was looking through my Pinterest account I came across a recipe for Kahlua Balls that I pinned awhile back and thought it sounded yummy. I knew I didn't have any Kahlua but I do have Irish Creme Liquor! So, I adapted the recipe to use what I had.

Irish Creme Liquor Balls

2 sleeves of graham crackers
3/4 cup powdered sugar
1/4 cup cocoa
6 oz (half a package) of white chocolate chips {could use more if you want}
1 tsp vanilla
1/3 cup Irish Creme Liquor
3 Tbsp brewed coffee
1/4-1/2 cup granulated sugar for rolling balls in

In a food processor, crush the crackers into crumbs. Add the powdered sugar and cocoa and process until cornmeal texture. Add chips and process till mixed in. Fold in the vanilla, liquor and coffee until you form a soft dough. Roll into 1" balls, roll in the granulated sugar, and refrigerate in an airtight container for 1-3days to let the flavors mingle. Makes about 20 balls. Enjoy!

1 comment:

Angie C. said...

I have to let you know that these Irish Creme Balls turned out wonderful! Yum! Even better several days later once the flavors have mingled.