Tuesday, November 4, 2008

Anticipated Return


Once again as the sun doth rise
I see the red music of burning glass,
Images of an epoch far gone, but
Forever etched in my mind.

How did I get to this point?
Where has all the time gone?
Questions never answered, always
Incised on my delicate facade.

Anger, passion, and sadness
All resonate in my head,
Like a chorus of voices mourning,
Lamenting for your return.

I long for your touch
To feel your warm embrace,
Oh, to have you back to be
Captain of only my heart.

But I know, for now
That dread ship has stolen from me
Your attention and time,
And yes, your very spirit.

Each morning I face dawn
Hoping to glimpse the red music,
Not burning or broken, but
Hailing your sweet return.

Written for Tuesday Title

4 comments:

lissa said...

sweet ode to your husband perhaps? my favorite is the last part

J. S. Clawson said...

I love the imagery of her looking out to sea every morning, looking for a ship on the horizon, looking for the return of her love. I liked the emotions portrayed in your piece. Very nice poem! :-)

poefusion said...

Good Morning, Angel. I really enjoyed reading your poem. You swayed your reader to feel your anticipation for the ship coming home and possibly for the lover aboard. Well done.

I think it's great you and Scott challenged each other to write something. It keeps both your minds healthy. I hope all is well with both of you. Have a nice day.

Gemma Wiseman said...

Immediately I thought of Matthew's Flinder's wife, longing for her husband's return from the sea! beautiful!