Tuesday, October 28, 2008

I Shall Let the Wind

In the midst of the aging day
Whilst the sun lowers her head
I Shall Let the Wind tickle me,
Cool wisps of gold spun hair.

I gaze at the waves on the sea
Wrestling to reach the beach
I Shall Behold the Wind before me,
A struggle to push aqua to shore.

As the once white downy clouds
Transform to a crimson hue
I Shall Consider the Wind above me,
Driving the billow of pink masses.

Above me the majestic trees wave
In a chaotic chorus of sound.
I Shall Admire the Wind around me,
A conductor in her element.

Even as day beckons night
Peace transcends upon the isle.
I Shall Let the Wind direct me,
Back to my Love’s waiting arms.

3 comments:

poefusion said...

Hello Angel. This is absolutely wonderful. No better way to let the wind push you than into a lover's arms. Well done. Have a nice day.

J. S. Clawson said...

I loved the "I Shall" lines and the way they changed through out: letting, beholding, considering, admiring. A great theme surrounded by good colorful imagery like "choatic chorus of sound". Awesome! "waves on the sea wrestling to reach the beach". Double Awesome! This is truly a great poem.

Anonymous said...

This is beautiful