Monday, March 2, 2009

Life Among the Wood

With today being a 'snow day' for the whole family, I've had plenty of time to just sit and write, hence the many entries today. This was just a fun thing I decided to do after seeing this picture Scott took of the snowy pile of wood.


Stacked together in a pile with unlike kind
I’m left here to imagine what awaits me now.
At one time only a small part of a whole
Together a strong towering presence.
As we became acquainted with the earth
A transformation began to occur,
This tall tower, once unified and sturdy,
Now broken into many fragile pieces,
Left in a heap to become parched,
Thirsty for the drink that once hydrated.
Now arid, I find myself here amass
Awaiting my turn to enter the abyss;
At least it so seems to me.

2 comments:

Dan said...

Nice comparison with the wood pile and the world we live in, Angel. I especially like the opening line
"Stacked together in a pile with unlike kind"

I remember when I was stationed in Virginia it the late eighties/early nineties. I was there for three years and an accumulating snow was rare indeed. Wish I could say that here. What a special day...hope you enjoyed it.

Angie C. said...

Thanks, Dan. We lived in Illinois for one winter and spring, so I know what you mean. And to be honest I was never so glad to be back in Virginia. I'll stay here on the east coast!