Monday, March 2, 2009

Amid Inlets


Murky water laps at the post below the deck board
With snails clinging just above the water line.
Fog lingers on the surface like an alien mist
While the sun beckons her upward return.
A mislaid net ensnarled in the tall marshy grasses
Lays hold of a wayward fallen limb.
Low tide reveals the maiden silt left in her exit
Littered with crab shells strewn like tidal mines.
A gentle salty breeze laced with honeysuckle
Freshens up the stagnate marsh air.
This kaleidoscope of senses greets me,
Here at the dock amid inlets of our creek.


I wrote this poem using the title Amid Inlets which is an anagram of my blog title, "Island Time". This was a challenge by Poefusion, but I took it further and used four more anagrams of Island Time which I put in bold.

1 comment:

poefusion said...

Angel, this is a great poem. The extra anagrams pulls it all together nicely. I enjoyed this one very much. Well done. Have a nice night.

Also... I liked your picture.